Vodafone Ireland - Totara LMS and Product Knowledge E-learning
Vodafone Ireland, part of Vodafone Group, is the leading Total Communications company in Ireland. The Vodafone team (customer facing teams in Retail, Enterprise and customer operations) faces challenges: to sell a more diverse and complex range of solutions than ever before, to meet and exceed customers’ growing expectations.
Giving the team the skills to deliver on this goal and their management community the vision, belief, knowledge and skills to coach and drive it is pivotal to Vodafone’s continued success. In 2010 the team invested in a Moodle LMS to support e-learning in their channel. As the need and demand for learning grew, the Vodafone team were keen to explore how to extend the impact and functionality of this Moodle, and develop new e-learning to meet learner needs.
The Totara LMS Solution
Kineo was selected to partner with Vodafone Ireland on two connected projects. First, we focused on migrating and updating to Totara LMS. Totara LMS is a custom distribution of Moodle, and its implementation brought key advantages to Vodafone, including:
- Focused learner experience: Learners different channels have a customised experience based on the learning that’s relevant for them, and an easy view of what’s been completed and what’s outstanding from the home page
- Control over development paths: Learners can create learning plans based on their needs, and seek approval from managers, using Totara’s Learning plan functionality
- Enhanced reporting and MI: Totara’s robust reporting gives Vodafone Ireland the ability to drill down precisely on completion stats and metrics, including across face to face workshops
- Manager view: Team managers can review progress of their team members via manager view, given them the ability to follow up with learners as required.
The Vodafone Totara LMS, called Learning Lounge, is fully branded for Vodafone to give a personal experience:
Kineo is also partnering with Vodafone Ireland to develop a series of e-learning modules on product knowledge on a wide range of enterprise propositions too, ensuring that the team are up to speed on Vodafone’s propositions and how to position them with customers.
The modules use CourseBuilder, the collaborative authoring tool, that will enable Vodafone to make changes in-house going forward, bringing flexibility and cost-effectiveness benefits. To help with this, Kineo has provided capability building in e-learning design best practice to the internal Vodafone team so that any in-house modules deliver to high standards.
Totara LMS was implemented in under two months for Vodafone Ireland, including migration of legacy content and provision of hosting and support by Kineo, and training of the Vodafone internal team. The LMS has been rolled out to very positive feedback internally.
Having been using Moodle for the last 4 years I’m delighted we made the move to Totara – the additional functionality means we can really use our LMS to enhance our learners’ training experience and give them control over their own development paths.
Kineo’s knowledge of and experience with the platform has been invaluable in our transition - I couldn’t be happier with the results.
- Elaine Hayes, Project Manager at Vodafone
Totara Partner Info
Kineo is a global learning, communications and technology group. With experience of implementing over 100 open source LMS solutions, over 20 Totara LMS implementations and over 700 e-learning projects Kineo has established itself as one of the leading learning and technology companies.