Welcome to our new Totara Recipe series, where we'll be working with Platinum Partner Webanywhere to show you everything you need to cook up a storm with your Totara LMS. Our first recipe comes from Webanywhere's Philip Rushworth, and is all about onboarding with Totara LMS.
Onboarding employees can be time consuming and difficult. We’ve created a simple recipe that runs from the team introduction all the way through to the new hire's first day. There's no one-size-fits-all approach to employee onboarding, but here are a few ingredients that can help.
- Onboarding plan
- Awareness: culture & values of the business
- Team introductions
- Compliance training
- Mentor in the process
- Access to systems
- Open mind and inquisitive attitude
- Social inclusion
- Reporting mechanism
- Build out the onboarding process with HR/L&D stakeholders
- Share your video on company vision and values
- Set up LMS compliance training prior to start date
- Meet the team
- Migrate valuable data/content over to your new LMS
- Training at the point of need
- Use gamification with badges, rewards or other fun ways of motivating your learners
Serve and enjoy!
- Instant productivity as your workforce knows how to perform the first exchange right after they onboard
- Efficiency as employees and partners to start to own tasks quickly or complete sales successfully
- Increased revenue as once your workforce is onboarded you will have more employees, working with you for longer, doing a better job
Download the onboarding recipe to get started.
Look out for our next recipes using #totararecipe on Twitter.