This story examines how elearning experts at Webanywhere were able to merge core Totara Learn functionality with custom developments for the 5th largest domestic air carrier in the United States.
JetBlue Airways strives to inspire humanity by serving their customers, crewmembers and communities.
The company founded JetBlue Scholars, an innovative degree completion program designed to help their crewmembers earn a Bachelor’s degree and inspire other corporations to do the same.
JetBlue have organically built a degree completion program, which utilises alternative credit pathways to reduce the cost of a college degree.
Their biggest challenge was that such a program has never existed before, so the systems to manage the program were not available.
What JetBlue needed from their e-learning platform
The solution needed to be cost effective and adaptable to the needs of the JetBlue Scholars program as well as being in line with the branding and company ethos of Jetblue.
The aims of the project were to:
- Drive a learning culture and degree programme for JetBlue employees
- Provide custom elements to core Totara functionality
- Put learning into the context of performance management, talent and development
- Support individuals owning their own learning and managers supporting their development
- Be able to scale and add features over time.
Webanywhere provided an LMS solution enabling JetBlue to improve the student experience, all while scaling the administrative oversight of the program.
- A scalable, open-source elearning platform.
- Custom-build system capabilities.
- Easy to use interface allows users to get the most out of the system.
- Increased efficiency due to increased scalability.
- Advanced tracking and performance management
Webanywhere consistently finds creative solutions to development needs as they arise. When changes in scope are necessary, they minimise the impact to the project budget and timeline by merging core Totara functionality with custom developments. – Cody Cleverly, Senior Analyst, Academic Programs