Get better value with flexible authoring options
Totara gives you the best of both worlds, a solution that covers both authoring and learning management, and allows you to use your favorite authoring tools.
- Combine instructor-led, self-paced learning, and social for a blended approach, all in a single course.
- Flexible options; roles and permissions, course progression, group based activities. You have the power.
Develop your people with Learning Plans
Show all the learning, competencies, and objectives employees are working on now, their upcoming deadlines, what is mandatory, and what to prioritize. Learners monitor their progress and directly access learning activities from their plan.
- Manage the process with approval workflows, comment boxes, and notifications.
- Set-up is easy with learning plan templates to structure the workflow between learners and their managers.
Managing compliance, certifications and programs of learning.
Totara makes managing regulatory compliance simple.
- Define and manage the structure of certifications and recertification paths. Set expiration dates.
- Edit notification templates to automatically send custom messages.
- Run reports on the compliance status of every person in your organization. Track upcoming expirations and progress toward certification renewals.
Certifications are also integrated with our program management system enabling your team to rapidly build learning paths by grouping courses together into logical sequences and setting the timing between them.
- Assign certification and programs to individual learners or in bulk, by organization, position, or audience.
- Create and export reports on their progress and completions.
Getting down to earth with Seminar Manager
Synchronous, face-to-face learning remains a highly-effective training method even in the most modern of enterprises. And while this form of learning is as old as human history, you need a sophisticated tool to organize and manage the training, schedules, rosters, notifications and attendance tracking across your enterprise.
- Add custom fields to sessions for improved administration. Select from a broad range of notification types or create your own for each learning event.
- Publish in the training calendar for improved visibility.
- Set management approvals.
- Track and report on interest, registrations and attendance for each event.
On the move with Mobile Learning
- Out-of-the-box Totara products are designed to be fully responsive – meaning the user interface will adjust seamlessly depending on what device you are using; desktops, laptops, tablets or smartphones.
- Mobile apps are also available through our partner network that can be extended or fully-branded to harmonize with the look and feel of your LMS.
Learner focused Catalogs
Let’s face it. The way you present your catalog of learning opportunities is very different from the way it needs to structured for the team managing and delivering them. Our solution: we give you two interconnected catalogs, making it simple to promote and also efficiently manage enterprise learning.
Motivate with Badges
Badges are a simple yet very effective way of accrediting and gamifying learning. Assign badges with any number of criteria such as completing an activity, a course or a set of courses, or passing an assessment.
Use badges to achieve a wide range of operational objectives:
- Flexible, visual, recognition of performance
- Talent pools - identify pools of talent and specialists quickly and easily
- Motivate teams – badges build reputation amongst peers, and motivate learners to go that extra step
- Extended enterprise – badges enable companies to innovate with their networks, build trust and promote the brand with learning managed across the extended enterprise in a valid and verifiable way.